The White Whale Christian Hospitality House
186 Nassau Ave
South Freeport, Freeport, New York 11520
12 miles from JFK Airport*, 16 miles from the NYC Subway, 38 minutes from midtown Manhattan via Long Island Railroad, 1 mile from the N4 bus (connects with NYC subways), 2 miles from Freeport Long Island Railroad Station, 6 miles from Jones Beach, 3 blocks from Freeport's Nautical Mile
- Great for families or small groups of up to 7 people
- Pickup and/or drop off (up to 6 people) at JFK or LGA airports available
- Guidance for tourists available including Christian Heritage Tours of NYC
- Daily pick up or drop off at A Train Subway Station (Grant Ave) available
- 110 daily (weekday) N4 buses connect with NYC subways-bus stop is one mile from the White Whale
- 56 daily (weekday) Long Island Railroad Trains to Manhattan (LIRR Freeport stop is 2 miles from the White Whale
- Join the hundreds of people from 20+ countries have enjoyed the Christian atmosphere and hospitality of The White Whale!
I loved the visit in 2018
I was there in 2018 and it was my favourit holidays
everything done right!
"I came from Germany twice with my family to go on vacation here and I would love to go to this hotel again. Bill is a great host who takes time for guests and is happy to help with questions. It can easily sleep 6 people in 2 rooms of the apartment. The kitchen equipment is sufficient to prepare a simple breakfast or dinner. Freeport is a beautiful city with the fishing port and the Atlantic. A large bathing beach is only a few minutes away by car. From the house you can walk to the supermarket Gala Foods in about 20 minutes. It is very easy to get to Manhattan from the house. The bus stop is about a 10-minute walk away. The bus takes you directly to the subway, which continues to Manhattan. (We recommend the 7-day unlimited subway card.) Another option would be the train, which would be a bit faster. What we really like is that you can get to know New York outside of high-rise buildings. So we could see Manhattan and wanted to relax in the small harbor. Through Bill we were able to accompany the local Salvation Army and look at the evangelistic work and the church. With this accommodation you will not make a mistake!"
A nice and hospitable home
The White Whale is a home set in a quiet neighborhood with a gracious and kind host. The place is clean and comfortable. The atmosphere is relaxing and peaceful. The host in transit knowledge is very dependable and safe. The commutes to and from airport are prompt and on time. The shuttles to the train station daily to go into the city was also a bonus.